Advanced Study Program in Science (ASPinS)
Are you a high achieving student starting a degree in science?
Are you interested in a research-based career?
Whatever your area of science, from microbiology to mathematics, from physiology to physics, the Advanced Study Program in Science is an opportunity to gain valuable insights into scientific research as a career by engaging with creative thinkers across many disciplines. ASPinS inspires students to take what they learn in the classroom and put it into practice in a dynamic learning environment. This is a unique opportunity not available through any other program.
Benefits of the Program
- Access to world class laboratories and research groups from year one
- Weekly 'Careers in Science Research' seminars from world class research scientists
- Special events such as field trips, camps, conferences and a student-run symposium
- Friendships and networks with other high-achieving students
- Initiatives to encourage professional development in the areas of critical thinking, writing and communication - all skills essential for a research career
In 12 years ASPinS has graduated over 250 students. ASPinS alumni are currently continuing their passion for research through postgraduate studies in such prestigious institutions as Yale, Cornell, Oxford and Cambridge, and in the world-class research laboratories at UQ.